Random Thoughts From Matt Dawgs: Goldberg and Lesnar Together Again, The MVP Bandwagon, The Macho Mimic, Razzle Dazzle, and More
By Matt Dawgs
Mar 29, 2007, 14:25
WE LOVE BOBBY!!!!
Hi there people and welcome back to another Random Thought’s column where I get some things off my chest and basically just discuss what is going on in that pretty sexy head of mine in regards to the world of professional wrestling. Enjoy, discuss, debate.
Well another week down and another week of weird happenings, some good wrestling and big stories outside the ring.
- We LOVE BOBBY!!!!
- Yeah folks, it is that time of year. The pageantry, the magic, the thousands of fans cheering and yelling. You guessed it folks, YANKEE BASEBALL STARTS ON MONDAY!!!!!
- Only a few days away from Wrestlemania 23 and Johnny Nitro still doesn’t have a match. For shame WWE, for SHAME!!!
- Joey Mercury got released this week. I saw on a message board somewhere that he was released because he was upset backstage at not having a Mania match and he “attacked” Stephanie McMahon slamming her into a table. Seriously. That’s what I read on a message board. You believe this nonsense? Bottom line, most likely he was released for “Personal Reasons”
- Wait, let me get this straight, Jillian Hall, who is a good worker mind you, is booked for Wrestlemania 23 yet Johnny Nitro, Ric Flair and Carlito Colon aren’t.
- Wait, there’s more. Jillian Hall, who has had nothing to do with the WWE Women’s title and has no issues with anyone in the “Lumber Jill” match, is booked for Wrestlemania 23 yet Mickie James, the centerpiece of the entire division isn’t booked?
- Steve Austin still has it. The crowd worships the ground he walks on. Amazing that most people know he isn’t going to wrestle again yet is treated as a Superstar.
- So is Eugene a face? Didn’t he turn heel on Hacksaw Jim Duggan? WTF?
- ABC seriously needs to come up with a spin-off of Lost featuring Sawyer and Hurley as “buddy cops” or something. They are comedy GOLD.
- Speaking of Lost, shame what happened to Nikki. She was damn hot and had a nice rack. What is it with Lost getting rid of all the hot chicks on the show?
- Donald Trump slapped the sh*t out of Vince McMahon at the Wrestlemania press conference. I can’t wait to see Donald try to do something more physical at Mania itself.
- Complete list of Hall of Fame inductees and inducting:
Curt Henning by Wade Boggs
Jerry Lawler by William Shatner
The Original Shiek by Sabu
Nick Bockwinkel by Bobby “the Brain” Heenan
The Wild Samoans Afa & Sika by Rosey and Samu
Jim Ross by “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
Mr. Fuji by Don Muraco
“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes by Dustin and Cody Rhodes
That’s a pretty good class if you ask me. Hogan and Piper’s class was still the best though.
yet, you need to. My sources tell me that the names that James keeps getting are bigger and bigger. I got faxed a tentative line up for the next few months and I must say, I am impressed.
Boy can that Matt Hardy cut a promo. Anyone else wonder why he is being held back?
PS – That was sarcasm.
Anyone seen Deuce and Domino?
Am I the only person interested in seeing Kane vs. Great Khali? Is that wrong?
MVP is 2007’s future star. You heard it here first, I am the first man on the Montel Vontavious Porter bandwagon.
Just realized, Balls Mahoney is still employed by WWE. Tremendous. Hopefully he will be the last ECW original to stick around. Cause mark my words, Sabu and Sandman are out the door ASAP.
I can understand why Shelton Benjamin isn’t on the Wrestlemania card considering he hasn’t done much of anything in the past year but can someone please explain to me why in the blue hell he isn’t in this years THQ annual Smackdown challenge? He is like the 28 time defending champion in this tournament and they decided to keep him out of it this year. I don’t get it? He is already being punished for not getting over. Maybe this is more punishment for “playing video games” in the back as he is rumored to do.
Monday’s announcement of Jim Ross into the Hall of Fame was a treat. Seeing a man like J.R. who’s been put through so much grief and sh*t by WWE management finally being appreciated and then seeing him legitimately touched by the well deserved reaction was fantastic. Good for J.R. and I wish him the best as he definitely deserves it. And to agree with Triple H, J.R., Gordon Solie was very good at his job but you by far ARE THE BEST.
Saw Kim Kardashian’s “special tape” and it isn’t that big of a deal. I was hoping for better since she is pretty hot. She has a HUGE ass for a white girl.
Brock Lesnar’s MMA fight is confirmed and Bill Goldberg will be doing the commentary. Good stuff. I think I might have to check that out. From what I hear, he is only signed for a one fight deal so if he looks impressive, Dana White better get him on speed dial. Cro Cop or Couture (ok, Cro Cop) vs. Lesnar for the UFC Heavyweight Title has MONEY written all over it. Now before I continue, I know I am going to get a bunch of hate mail saying that I shouldn’t sleep on Couture, etc etc. Listen, Mirko Cro Cop is going to knock him out. Really. There is no way around it. Cro Cop is too good to let Couture take him down and the fact is, he has to much power standing up not to knock him out.
Will Angle or Won’t Angle. That is the question. My bet, you will never see Kurt Angle inside an MMA ring (or Octagon) in his life. He is all talk.
Lillian Garcia is a trooper. Not only did she tear her ACL, she did Raw’s ring announcing and didn’t even wear a knee brace. Bravo Lillian. I am sure you got a hell of a lot of brownie points from Vince for toughing it out. Get well soon.
- I like Mike Doyle on 24. I thought they were leading to him being a f*cked up heel type character (and they very well still might be) but I am hoping they are grooming him to take Jack Bauer’s place down the road. Speaking of Jack, you all know you were thinking he was going to torture the “disabled” person. You know you were.
- CM Punk is getting a little “semi-push”. He is featured on RAW, he gets a lot of action on ECW and he is featured on Smackdown. Anyone think he might be winning Money in the Bank? Look at the facts, the fact is, Edge isn’t winning again. He might, but I don’t think so. A lot of people are saying that Kennedy is going to win but……Kennedy doesn’t need to win. He has been pushed to the moon with wins over 7 former World Champions as JBL reminds us. Chances are, he is going to get a main event slot in the upcoming year so he doesn’t need the win. Orton is already a main eventer and has been for sometime. While he could win, I don’t see the win elevating him at all. The Hardy’s, King Booker and Finley are all mid card acts. That leaves Punk. The only person who could USE the win. Makes sense no?
- Vince McMahon and Donald Trump have been all over the news this week, say what you want about this angle but it has people talking.
- The Sopranos starts its final 8 episodes ever on April 8th. I just saw the trailer for it and you should check it out when you can, it looks great. You can watch the Soprano's Final Trailer Here
- Go Sanjaya Malakar Go!
- Speaking of him, did you guys see the RACK on his sister? Whoa Baby!!! See it for yourself here.
- You know what I just realized? Eric Young and Robert Roode teamed on TNA a few weeks back in a six man tag with James Storm. Um….I thought that wasn’t allowed? Remember, Team Canada was broken up and we were told that the members could no longer team again? Ever?
- Team 3D has a bunch of titles that they brought with them to TNA last week. What a better way to promote TNA by showing title belts from a rival promotion? Team 3D has been owned by LAX over the past few months but now that they are going in an electrified cage match at Lockdown, you can fully expect them to win. FYI….for anyone who thinks that Team 3D was “putting LAX over” needs to watch the entire feud again from the beginning. They’ve done nothing to help LAX and instead have actually gotten the rub from working with the hottest act in TNA. For anyone who wants to get into wrestling, watch the feud again if you want to learn all there is to know about working an angle to your advantage while ruining a hot act in the process. Fact is, I don’t think there is a person watching TNA who want to see Team 3D as tag champs and beating LAX. I know for a fact that no one in Orlando does.
- Why does Traci Brooks put oil on her breasts? Looks weird to me.
- Can Petey Williams be any less important to TNA? When he was in Team Canada, he was featured often; involved in decent storylines and his finisher was the best finisher in wrestling. Now, he is filler for Eric Young and Bobby Roode, is never mentioned in discussions for the X-Division title and has no feuds of his own.
- He’s back. I won’t say it here since I know some TNA fans don’t read spoilers and don’t want to know what happens over the next few weeks. To be honest, I am ok with him being back.
- Black Machismo Jay Lethal? Can’t he be sued for that? And if for some reason Jay happens to be reading this, Jay, did you speak to Mike Tobin on some pointers on doing the gimmick? I am sure “M-Tizzle” has little pointers to help out. Although I admit, you are doing a damn good job with it. You need to drop a few more “brother’s” when you talk “brother”
- Speaking of Brothers, remember the old Billionaire Ted skits? When the Nacho man was talking to the Huckster and said, “Stop calling me brother……Brother!!” HAHA. Gold,
- UFC has purchased Pride. Let’s just hope it isn’t the equivalent of WWE purchasing WCW.
- Seriously, Busta Rhymes and Foxy Brown need to go to jail. Same with Pac Man Jones. I don’t understand how athletes and celebrities continue to break the law. What the f*ck is going on? You make millions upon millions, how hard can it be to keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble. If I had a few million dollars in the bank, I wouldn’t even jaywalk anymore. For real.
- If you haven’t checked out ClubWWI.com
Anyway, that’s it for now people. See you all next week.
Feel free to discuss whatever you’d like in the “Anger Management” section of the message board or whichever section you see fit.
World Wrestling Insanity writer Matt Dawgs is the bread and butter of the World Wrestling Insanity family. His future is bright and once James Guttman comes into a large sum of money, you can expect Matt will be getting tons of it thrown at him, at least half of it. Matt also moonlights as a professional wrestler/manager in the NY/NJ Indy scene. He is legit afraid of getting on Homicide’s bad side but thinks he is a cool dude in general. He also is a funny guy. If you have any questions, corrections, feedback, comments and ideas, he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the feedback is negative, you can e-mail Matt at email@example.com.
P.S. – In case you didn’t know, there is a WRESTLING BOOKthat is out titled “World Wrestling Insanity”. It is a damn fun read so I suggest you run out and get it today. If you already have your copy, read it. If you already read your copy, read it again. It is funny. Like me.
Also, don’t forget to check out ClubWWI.com. It can be found by clicking the banner at the top or the link on the side of this page. Check out all the new audio updates and features found there. Some good stuff including all of James Guttman’s past Radio Free Insanity broadcasts as well as all new, uncut interviews with some of wrestling past and present names. Good stuff, people.
Need More Insanity?
Top of Page